The University of Hong Kong is inviting applications from those interested in undertaking Ph.D. research in the American Studies Department with an emphasis in Art History, Film Studies, and/or Literature.
Successful candidates will receive one of four stipend packages including:
1. HKU Presidential PhD Scholarship (HKU-PS)
2. Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPF)
3. University Postgraduate Fellowship (UPF)
4. Post Graduate Scholarship (PGS)
The funding packages can be reviewed here:
Candidates with an outstanding academic record are encouraged to apply here:
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
For inquiries about applying to post-graduate studies at HKU please contact: gradschhku.hk.
Visit our website to learn about the specialties of the faculty: https://amstudy.hku.hk/index.html
The American Studies Program at The University of Hong Kong is specifically seeking applicants in the following areas:
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visual Culture of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Latin American Literature
- Screen studies (film, television, streaming video, virtual reality film)
- Memory studies (with a focus on audio-visual narratives, e.g. film or museum)
- Cinematic virtual reality
Interested applicants may also contact Dr. Monica Steinberg (msteinhku.hk, Art History), Dr. Tim Gruenewald (tgruenehku.hk, Film Studies), or Dr. Bárbara Fernández Melleda (bfernanhku.hk, Literature) for questions regarding Ph.D. supervision.
STIP: PhD Scholarship in American Studies, Hong Kong. In: ArtHist.net, Oct 14, 2020 (accessed Jun 18, 2021), <https://arthist.net/archive/23707>.