Department of History of Arts, Faculty of Arts, Comenius University in Bratislava
Position - Professor / Assistant Professor in History of Arts
Department of History of Arts is inviting applications for a position of a Professor or Assistant Professor of History of Arts.
The Department of History of Arts has been a part of the Comenius University in Bratislava since 1923. It offers visual art history, theory and monument protection courses to students and conducts research with a focus on the development of art in Central Europe. Within the last few years, it also offered lectures on themes like gallery and museum education, exhibition practice, history of photography and others.
The appointed full time Professor/ Assistant Professor will contribute to the teaching and research of the history and theory of art.
Candidates should possess:
- relevant qualifications such as a Professor or Assistant Professor in History of Arts or equivalent
- teaching and digital learning experience as well as a strong research and publication track record
- ambition and ability to attract research grants
- excellent oral and written communication skills using a range of media in Slovak, Czech and/or English language
A successful candidate will be expected to:
- teach and supervise relevant courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- assessing, examining and supervising PhD students
- contribute to the development of teaching materials
- supervise undergraduate and postgraduate projects and dissertations
- conduct and enhance research projects and obtain external research grants
- publish high impact research outputs and papers
- make substantial contribution to the development of MA courses in Art History
- help develop further the department and its collaboration, both nationally and internationally
- participate in the academic community of the faculty
Conditions of employment
- a contract combining 60% teaching tasks with 40% research-time;
- starting date: September 1, 2021;
- the appointment will be on a temporary basis with possibility to be prolonged.
The post will initially be offered on a fixed term contract with the University for a period of up to 5 years with effect from September 1, 2021. It may be extended by mutual agreement, subject to revised terms and conditions.
Applications in PDF files should consist of:
An application for this position;
A covering letter (in Slovak, Czech or English language to explain applicant’s interest in the role, motivation for applying for this position, and details how he/she matches the requirements for the role);
Verified copies of documents - letter of appointment of professor or habilitation;
Curriculum Vitae (including taught courses, teaching qualifications, external funding and grants with full list of publications - most significant highlighted).
The closing date for applications is: June 14, 2021
Please send all requested documents to:
Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave
referát personálnej práce
811 02 Bratislava
and electronically: olga.bardyovauniba.sk
For any queries, please contact: doc. Mgr. Katarína Beňová, PhD. katarina.benovauniba.sk
JOB: Professor in History of Arts, Comenius University, Bratislava. In: ArtHist.net, May 24, 2021 (accessed Jun 14, 2021), <https://arthist.net/archive/34191>.