Director (m/f), Liechtenstein Museum of Fine Arts
Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, January 13 - March 9, 2020
Application deadline: Mar 9, 2020
The Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein Museum of Fine Arts), which is organised as a foundation under public law, is the internationally-renowned museum of the Principality of Liechtenstein for the art of the 20th and 21st centuries. Along with several other museums in the heart of the Alps, it is characterised by the specialist profile of its content and its representative function. Since 2015, its offering has been enriched by the collection of the Hilti Art Foundation in an extension building. Starting from 1st July 2021, we are seeking a new Director at the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein to succeed the current post holder, who is retiring.
We offer a committed and innovative individual a challenging remit with many creative possibilities.
The profile of the role includes, in particular:
• Responsibility for the artistic and commercial management of the museum
• Maintenance, expansion and research of the collection
• Planning, conceptualisation and implementation of an imaginative and high-quality exhibition and publication programme at the international level
• Responsibility for the operation of the museum and its staff
What we expect:
• A degree in history of art or an advanced level of expertise in modern and contemporary art with proven curatorial experience
• Experience and networking in the international museum environment
• Strong conceptual, communicative and organisational skills with team-based management experience in the museums sector
• Willingness to take up residence in Liechtenstein and to maintain contacts in the Rhine Valley region
Please send your application by March 9, 2020 to
Our consultant from Deloitte, Flora Kuras (+43 1 537 00 2536), will be pleased to respond to your questions.
Deloitte, Renngasse 1, 1010 Vienna
JOB: Director (m/f), Liechtenstein Museum of Fine Arts. In: ArtHist.net, Jan 14, 2020 (accessed Feb 18, 2020), <https://arthist.net/archive/22413>.