Tenure track professor, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona
Barcelona Pompeu Fabra University
The Department of Humanities at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona has opened a call for a tenure-track position in History of Art (Visual Culture and Cultural Studies).
The postdoctoral tenure track position in History of Art (Visual Culture and Cultural Studies) is a combined research and teaching position. This announcement is part of the UPF-Department of Humanities strategy to recruit talented researchers in high priority research disciplines.
The candidate must hold a Ph.D. qualification in the field of History of Art. He or she will need to have developed research within the spheres of cultural studies and visual culture without being limited to a specific historical period, though it would be desirable for the candidate to have explored a contemporary perspective. A track record of publications with a reflective interest in the History of Art will be appreciated, along with interdisciplinary methodological openness and an ability to work within more than one historical context. An interest on the part of the candidate in debates that critically analyse the social, cultural and political dimensions of art will be viewed in a highly positive light.
The candidate will need to meet the following requirements: having taken part in research projects within the framework of national or international programmes; having published papers internationally; and being prepared to embark on new research projects, ideally as lead researcher.
The following shall be expected from the candidate: to join the Faculty team in the area of the History of Art; to teach in the sphere of Humanities and Global Studies; to take part in the Department’s research activities; and to ultimately hold management positions.
A command of English and Spanish or Catalan is essential and knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
In terms of additional distinctions: professional expertise in museums and experience as curator for exhibitions or social projects involving practices associated with art and its disciplines would be an advantage.
- To hold a Ph.D. qualification in the field of History of Art
- If the Ph.D. qualification was issued by UPF, the candidate will need to have been contractually separated from the institution for at least two years since securing the Ph.D. qualification
- Three years’ post-doctoral research activity
- Languages: Catalan and/or Spanish and English
Salary: up to 60,000 euros. The salary depends on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The position involves a fixed-term contract for six years. One year before the contract expires, the candidate will be assessed by the Department’s Teaching Staff Committee. The outcome will determine whether the candidate is recommended to stay in the position as a permanent researcher or whether the contract will be terminated at the end of the year.
For more information see: https://www.euraxess.org.cy/jobs/220155
In order to apply to this call for applications, you will need to send the following documentation by email to seleccio.humanitatsupf.edu quoting reference number 2017-HUMA/TT01:
- Ph.D. qualification, or a receipt confirming it has been applied for
- Full CV
- Document specifying the applicant’s 5 foremost contributions in the field of research (journal articles, books, book chapters, etc.)
- Descriptive report on the applicant’s background as a teacher based on the following format:
- Teaching activity report
- Teaching activity assessment: results of student surveys charting their satisfaction with teaching given (or positive assessment certificate issued by the teaching institution)
- Professional development
- Training activities followed and taught
- Teaching innovation activities
- Experience in teaching coordination
Descriptive report on the applicant’s background as a researcher based on the following format:
- Publications and dissemination of research results (participation in conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Supervision and/or participation in research projects and resulting scientific output
- Dissertation supervision (completed and in progress)
- Other merits: awards and prizes, research stays, positions of scientific responsibility, etc.
- A summarised statement of the applicant’s teaching and research interests in keeping with the specific field to which the six-year vacancy contract pertains (no more than 5,000 characters including spaces)
- Five recommendation letters (at least one of which must be by an academic representative)
- A teaching project relating to the specific field to which the six-year contract vacancy pertains
- A research project relating to the specific field to which the six-year contract vacancy pertains
- Submission of applications: the application needs to be submitted no later than 17/11/2017 (before midnight Spanish time)
- Results on candidates chosen in the first distance stage: second half of January 2018
- Live interview stage and results: January and February 2018
- Results of live interview stage: February-March 2018
- Incorporation of successful candidate: September 2018
- Results of the selection process
The list of candidates chosen in each stage will be published on the website https://www.upf.edu/web/humanitats/convocatoria-de-places
JOB: Tenure track professor, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona. In: ArtHist.net, 29.09.2017. Letzter Zugriff 19.03.2019. <https://arthist.net/archive/16187>.