During the war with Russia, Ukrainian cultural institutions, museums, and galleries challenge problems of preserving the national heritage, protecting against destruction, and further restoration processes. Various organisations around the world have experience in preserving and restoring cultural heritage in the face of active fighting, and the practice gained in Ukraine should be fixed for us and our descendants. Therefore, the editors of the Text and Image journal call for papers, essays, and reviews for a special issue (June 2022) that may relate to:· preservation of cultural heritage during the war;
· assessment of damage to cultural heritage during conflicts;
· the historical experience of preservation of cultural values in the conditions of war;
· restoration and reconstruction of heritage;
· relocation of heritage and restitution of valuables;
· electronic systems and databases for heritage preservation;
· the role of culture in the conditions of war, generalized reviews of exhibitions, concerts, and actions in support of Ukraine during the Russian-Ukrainian war.
Please send your materials through the website of the magazine https://txim.history.knu.ua/ in accordance with the requirements by May 31, 2022.
About the Journal
Text and Image: Essential Problems in Art History is an international peer-reviewed biannual electronic journal established by the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine). The journal has been launched in 2016 with the aim of contributing to the development of scientific communication between researchers who study fine art in historical and cultural contexts.
The Editorial board encourages submissions of previously unpublished original scholarly articles on topics of significance to those concerned with the problem of historical narrative and visual imagery correlation, in various cultures, from ancient to recent history. We also invite to submit brief contributions, including book and exhibition reviews, interviews and short surveys.
The journal is indexed in DOAJ and Index Copernicus ICV: 84.53 (2019)
CFP: Text and Image, special issue, June 2022: War and Cultural Heritage. In: ArtHist.net, Apr 22, 2022 (accessed Jul 1, 2022), <https://arthist.net/archive/36464>.