The 9th RIPAM, devoted to the "Cultural migrations and the matrix of belonging to the Mediterranean condition" in the architectural heritage of the Mediterranean theme, calls for the submission of original contributions in different several heritage contexts.
We expect papers and posters in the thematic areas in which Mediterranean heritage plays an important role. These areas cross the theory and practice.
Thematic AreasMain Areas
- Monographic Architecture
- Monographic Urbanism
- Applied Sciences
- Chemistry and Heritage
- Physics and Heritage
- Geology and Heritage
- Geography and Heritage
- Computing design
- Ecology and Heritage
- Climate change and heritage
- Heritage and citizenship
- Evaluation of conservation and restoration methods
- Optimization of analysis and testing techniques
- Archaeological and historical heritage
- Material and immaterial cultural heritage
- Economic values of cultural heritage
- Cultural tourism and its impact on national economic development
- Historical monuments and patrimonialization
- Cultural heritage material: Architecture and Urbanism
- Earthen architecture
- Durability and restoration techniques of monuments
- Knowledge and conservation strategy of architectural heritage
- Specificity of the Mediterranean coastal architectural heritage
- Conservation and promotion of architecture and landscapes of the -coastal sites
- Migration and influence of Mediterranean civilization in world architecture
- Transmission of operative knowledge
- Teaching, training and skills in heritage intervention
- Tradition and persistence of the architecture with natural materials
- Heritage and sustainability
- Graphical representation as a process of transmitting Mediterranean culture
- Drawing and Architecture representation in Mediterranean culture
- Virtualization of heritage and its impacts on Mediterranean culture
Paper and Poster submissions must be made online through the online submission system: http://ripam.fa.ulisboa.pt/openconf/openconf.php
Submitted papers will be judged by the Scientific Committee in a double-blind peer-review system.
The papers accepted for presentation (communication) at the conference will be published online in the conference proceedings, with an ISBN and published in a scientific journal.
Submissions may not contain any element that identifies its authors. The system OpenConf will perform the registration of each proposal, which must meet the following parameters:
- Abstract of up to 500 words (communications), or between 250 and 500 words (posters);
- Category (paper or poster);
- Topics (thematic areas).
More information and contact:
CFP: Cultural migrations (Lisbon, 23-25 Mar 22). In: ArtHist.net, Sep 20, 2021 (accessed Oct 18, 2021), <https://arthist.net/archive/34844>.