CFP: Personalia (Sofia, 13-15 Apr 21)
Sofia, April 13 - 15, 2021
Deadline: Sep 1, 2020
ART READINGS 2021
NEW ART MODULE
Institute of Art Studies,
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia
13–15 April 2021
Venue: Sofia, 21 Krakra Str., Institute of Art Studies
The theme of Art Readings 2021, New Art module Annual International Conference organised by the Institute of Art Studies, BAS, will be Personalia.
The conference offers an opportunity to explore a wide range of topics relating to the significance of personality and personality’s ideological and conceptual, creative and social role in art, literature, culture and the sciences of spirit. In this context, tracing the lives and creative activities of key figures in different arts is but one of many viewpoints on the proposed theme.
The organisers seek to attract experts in art history, history and theory of architecture, musicology, theatre studies, film studies and cultural studies, who would present papers on various aspects of the proposed theme such as:
• The role a personality plays in art processes;
• Personality in modern and post-modern art;
• The personality-art-ideology relationship;
• The individual as a subject of arts;
• Personality in arts in the digital age;
• Migrant characters and plots in art;
• Unknown facts about renowned artists’ personal lives;
• Personalities in the artists‘ social midst: inspirers, patrons and opponents;
• Social and professional association of or confrontation between creatives: principles of association of and/or competition among artists, movements, groups, actions;
• Personality and art manifestos; personality in post-modern creative teams and networks;
• Master-trainee/trainee -master relationships: aspects of imparting knowledge and passing on experience in art.
• Philosophical, sociological, spiritual and religious interpretations of personality in art.
Abstracts of 300 to 500 words in English, together with an accompanying short CV, should be submitted to:
for fine arts: mggeorgievamail.bg
for music: mbojikovayahoo.com
for theatre: kamelianhotmail.com
for cinema: ingeborgbratoevagmail.com
International Organising Committee (in alphabetical order)
Adrian-Silvan Ionescu, Romanian Academy of Sciences, Romania
Elvira Popova, Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Mexico
Fani Vavili-Tsinika, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Ingeborg Bratoeva-Daraktchieva, Institute of Art Studies, BAS, Sofia
Kamelia Nikolova, National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts&
Institute of Art Studies, BAS, Sofia
Marina Frolova-Walker, University of Cambridge, UK
Milena Bozhikova, Institute of Art Studies, BAS, Sofia
Milena Georgieva, Institute of Art Studies, BAS, Sofia
Yana Hashamova, Ohio State University, USA
1 September 2020: Deadline for submission of proposals and CVs;
15 October 2020: Notification of applicants on the outcome of their proposals;
1 March 2021: Deadline for the conference programme.
CFP: Personalia (Sofia, 13-15 Apr 21). In: ArtHist.net, Jul 12, 2020 (accessed Aug 13, 2020), <https://arthist.net/archive/23409>.